Free Local Phone Provider Quotes

Use this tool to find local phone service in your area:

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another Review of AT&T Home Phone Service

We received another opinion in our comments section to add to our list of AT&T home phone reviews, and felt it was extensive enough to post so everyone can read and decide for themselves.  This anonymous poster is not happy with AT&T's hidden fees, and not being able to get problems fixed with customer service without a big runaround. Here is what the person had to say:

"AT&T is a scam. If you pay attention closely to your bill you will notice little charges here and there and when you add them up it's alot. Mine came out to an extra $21 a month before taxes. I called to get those things removed and they wanna charge me to remove them and then taking them off comes out to a different amount than what it shows on my bill. Wouldn't you think if I am paying $21 a month for these things that taking them off would take $21 a month off my bill but it turned out to only take off $3 a month. So either way they are still getting the money out of you. And it's not even features, it's the service wire plans, that we don't need because we rent, so wires aren't our responsibility. It's not our house to make changes to. We ordered a private blocked unlisted number and they only gave us unlisted. I called to let them know and instead of adding the features we ordered from the beginning the person added it as a new order, so we got charged a fee for adding it later. I called to remind them we ordered it the day we ordered service and we shouldn't be charged for their mistake and they tell me they can't do anything about it. The woman I spoke with told me that when you order service with them you have to know what you want and ask for it and everything you expect it to come with, that its not their job to explain to you their features in whole. It sucks they can get away with all these charges. It sucks more for us because there are no other companies that service our area at this time. :( "

A pretty negative review for AT&T service.  This is actually the second negative review on ATT home phone service we've featured.  We're still hoping to hear from any of you that may have a positive ATT experience.  If you have ATT home phone service, we would like to hear your opinions on the service in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. at&t are the biggest crooks on the planet and if they didn't have the monopoly on phone service i would have already changed providers. i intend to write all representatives and ask why we have no choices. why do they let this go on. i've never been so frustrated and wish i could get with a company that would really provide good service instead of stealing our money for services they didn't provide or that they did provide but we didn't order. i spoke to three different people today with at&t and my phones still don't work. this has been going on daily for weeks. they don't care as long as they can steal your hard earned money!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe the problems that I have had with AT&T. After several minor incidents with AT&T that I looked over, this last one I am not so sure that will be possible with. We recently moved. I called AT&T on the 19th of the month to schedule having my service transferred to my new address. I had them turn off my home phone and DSL on the 28 at my old address and turn on my phone and DSL at my new address the same day. Well by Saturday it still was not on. I spent several hours on the phone being sent from customer service to repair and repair to customer service. Repair tells me that they cannot help me because my phone has not been turned on and that they cannot repair the line until it is. Customer service says that it is on and that it needs repair. Finally someone in customer service tells me that I live on a line where the city I live in recently changed the way it works and that my new number does not match with the side of the line I live on. They tell me that between one and two p.m. on June 1st it will be turned on. They said I should be home in case they need to come in to see if there is an issue but that there should not be. Well at 1:45 p.m. I call because low and behold there still is no phone line. They tell me that they are unable to give me a time frame in which it will be turned on but that by the end of the day it will be on. I have an appointment for between 1 and 2 p.m. on the 2nd just in case it does not work once they turn it on. Well at 7:30 p.m. still no line. I call the repair center because customer service is closed just to see if it is showing as complete, because if it doesn't then repair won't touch it tomorrow because it has not been turned on. Needless to say, they tell me NO, it has not been turned on. Needless to say I will be calling them tomorrow to give them a piece of my mind and letting them know I will be contacting a lawyer if they do not complete their part of our agreement. They have cost me over $500 dollars because they cannot do their jobs and turn my phone and internet on and they are fixing to lose some of their money when I call my lawyer tomorrow if it is not turned on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AT&T home land line service,the worst in years.
    6 DAYS after 12-13 calls for service no phone.
    being transferred,cut off lies of service to be done the following day.
    They should be put out of business.

    ReplyDelete